SR 4018 (Maclays Mill Road) Maclays Mill Road over Conodoguinet Creek Bridge Rehabilitation
Southampton Township, PA
PennDOT District 8-0
This project consists of the rehabilitation of a two-span masonry arch bridge carrying SR 4018 over the mill race from Conodoguinet Creek. The adjacent three-span masonry arch bridge spanning Conodoguinet Creek will be completed as a separate project. The stone arch bridges were built in 1827 by Silas Harry of Chambersburg, PA.
As a work order under an Open-End Agreement, RIG Consulting, Inc. worked as a sub-consultant, to provide Construction Inspection services with a Transportation Construction Inspector – 3 and a Transportation Assistant. Inspection and documentation services included E&S control, temporary stream crossings, temporary arch support systems, removal of existing spandrel walls to top of existing arch barrel, reconstruction of spandrel walls and wingwalls, clean & repoint stone masonry on arch barrel, intrados, voussoir, piers and abutments, structure foundation drain, geosynthetic reinforced fill, concrete curbing, subbase, membrane waterproofing & bituminous paving.